Monday, September 10, 2007

RAK Request and Anniversary Card!

RAK Request

Recently my brother (Dana) has been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer. He has a very short time left...ten months being the longest with treatment. It still seems very hard to believe that he will not be with us for very long. He is a 55 years old, not married nor does he have any children. He has a wonderful appreciation for simplicity in life and handmade cards. Please go to my daughters blog to read even more about him.

If anyone would like to send him a handmade card...It would be so very appreciated. Please email me for his name and address....my email is goody1woody@yahoo.com.

Anniversary Card

Here is a card I recently made for my daughter Trina and her husband for their anniversary.

Stamps - Penny Black, SU Happy Everything

Ink - Black Stazon, creamy caramel, Black Versafine

Paper - Watercolor, Basic Grey, DCWV textured, Michael's black CS

Image is colored with watercolors and h20's

Accessories - coluzzle, stardust pen, flowers, brad, paperclip, stitching, embossing powder

Thank you all so much for looking and your lovely comments! Have a Wonderful Day!!

17 comments:

June Houck said...

Do you ever had a card that you think is a dud? You really do amaze me. I love to look at every detail of your cards. You add the nicest little touches to keep each one unique and lovely!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Such sad news about your brother -- my sympathies. It's another stage in life when you start to lose your siblings, isn't it?

Your card is absolutely beautiful!!

Alhambra Club said...

I saw this card on your daughter's site and loved it then, it is fantastic. I just sent you an email so please send me your brothers address.

sophia landry said...

Wonderful, and beautiful, every detail adds to the image. Your coloring is stunning and I just love this. Especially those iridescent wings. TFS

Risa said...

Ila I am so sorry about your brother. My heart goes out to you and your family.
I also want to say that your card is beautiful. The coloring is awesome!

Crafty in Calgary said...

I am sorry about your brother. Your card is gorgeous. I will email you for details on the RAK request.

Anonymous said...

(((Ila))) I'm so sorry to here about your brother.. :( I would love to send him a card.. i'll be in touch.

Beautiful card, Ila! As usual, very inspiring!!

Debbie G said...

A gorgeous card!! I am so sorry about your brother. I made him a card and posted it on my blog and will send it in the morning.
Hugs to you and your brother!!

Anonymous said...

This is sweet card.

maiahs_momma said...

Wow, what an amazing card...very beautiful :)! Love every bit of this card, you do amazing work :)! Sorry to hear about your brother, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
catherine

Deborah said...

Adorable card! Please check your email from me. Bless you and your bro. Deb

Karen said...

What a great card. Your coloring is AWESOME as usual!

Anonymous said...

Ila, I completed my card for your brother and will pop it in the mail tomororw.. :) ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

*Oops.. forgot to post a link.. lol!

http://moralia.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/happy-sunday/

Maria said...

Hi Ila,

I'm really sorry to hear about your brother! It's always difficult to watch a loved one suffer. My prayers go out to your brother, you and your family.

Your card looks fabulous as always. I always love your coloring. . .you do such a wonderful job.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm adding your blog site on to my blog roll that I'm currently creating. I always appreciate your comments on my blog site. . .it always makes me happy to hear from you.

Maria

Unknown said...

oh my...what sad news!!! Ofcourse i would love to send him a card!

America said...

LOVE this one too! Your coloring blows me away!