Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hearts, Ribbons and Lace

This is my first post and I have a few Valentine cards to share. This first one is a card I made for my Mother. She is an absolutely wonderful woman and friend to me. She is 88 yrs young. I hope she likes it and knows how special she is to me.
The heart is a Technique Tuesday stamp. It is stamped with Versamark and SU Real Red..then embossed with SU Iridescent Ice. I used Michaels red cardstock for the card base. Cosco cardstock for the pink cuttlebug layer. I used a scallop punch for the cuttlebug layer and cut a square hole in the red base of the card just a little smaller than the cuttlebug scalloped hole.
The lace and ribbon were just hanging around my craft room. The netting is drywall tape. I used the computer for the wording and Large SU oval punch. I traced around the oval with pencil on red cardstock and used a scallop scissors to to cut around it. The punched red flower was embossed with Iridescent Ice, placed on a satin flower (I cut down to size) and held together with a silver flower brad. The edges are shaded with SU Real Red and a sponge.
On the right is a photo of the inside. I punched a scrap of copy paper with the scalloped punch and used it for a stencil to sponge the edges around the heart. The heart is attached with a few foam dimentionals.

No comments: