Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dessert First! and Nice Matters.

It really feels like Fall here now. It has been cool for the last few weeks. I noticed some of the ivy leaves on my arbor are starting to turn red...hey seems like I talk about the weather alot doesn't it?

I've noticed many bloggers are already making Christmas cards....and they are all so Beautiful!! I'm hoping to start on some of my own soon. I like Halloween and love Halloween stamps but am never sure who to make Halloween cards for. Maybe I'll try making halloween Atc's.

Today I have a card that I made for my Son In Law....he's a pretty neat fella, with a great sense of humour .... and loves his dessert. Now I only have to hope the mail will get it to him on time.

I used the SC136 sketch for this card....it was a very neat sketch. You can find this sketch here

Stamps - SU(Riveting, Fresh Fillers, Amazing to Zany), Karen Foster Snap Stamps and Stampendous.

Ink - SU (classic black, creamy caramel and close to cocoa), Chalk ink aquamarine.

Paper - Colormates coffee brown, DCWV, Sizzix little stack, SU ivory.

Accessories - may arts ribbon, brads, eyelets, glossy accents on balloon, stitching, tab punch and circle punch.

Image is colored with Prismacolor pencils (oderless mineral spirits) and Twinkling H20's.

Nice Matters

I have been recently nomimated again for Nice Matters by Charly ....not only is she Nice...she is an Awesome Stamper...check out her blog ..Charly's Crazy Corner .

Thank you so much Charly I am so honered to recieve this award from you.

Because there are so many Nice bloggers out there ... I am simply nominating all the blogs in my favorite places. You are all Wonderful and I am so Happy to be in Blogland with you!!!

Take Care, have a Great Day! and Thanks for looking!!

18 comments:

Karen said...

Great take on the challenge! I love how you did the ballon! What detail!

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic, love the color combo and the layout, the balloon, just ordered that stamp,he is too cute.

sophia landry said...

425I love looking at your cards, there is always so much detail there! I just love the image you chose for this one, and the glossy accest is very eye catching. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card! WOW! :)

Kathy said...

Great Job - I love the way you accented the balloon and the shading around the edges - I need to work on that. The colors are great too. Way to Go.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this is soooo cute! TFS :)

~Carla~ said...

Gorgeous Ila!! Love the colours and the epoxy ballon!! :)

Anonymous said...

Here you go again....creating a beautiful card!
I love the way you distress the edges and make everything come together with color and composition.

Love it !!!

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute!

Risa said...

This card is so cute and funny!!!!!
You really pulled out all the "stops" on this card Ila and I like the humor also! Great job!!!!

Sharon said...

Such a fantastic card. I always try to eat my dessert first until my kids catch me and then I'm busted!!

Corie said...

OH my this is the best -- so adorable. Love all the layers and the colors

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my goodness, this card rocks. I love it, love it, love it. Great job, Ila.

June Houck said...

OOOOOOOHHHHH, I really love this card. You put a lot of thought into creating a meaningful and unique card for your s-i-l.

Maria said...

What a fabulous card! I love that stamp! So cute! Great use of pattern papers and love the stitching! As always, beautiful card!

Maria

Theresa said...

What a great stamp!!! You created a fun card with it too!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh your style is so amazing. Each card is such a delight!

:-)

Dee Jackson said...

This is fantastic!! I really like the fact it can be for a guy as well. I'm always needing manly stamps. I love all the details on this.
Dee